Moshel_A5


            Thirty pieces of paper and a few ink cartridges later, “Arm and Leg” was born. I did think the process of making this work of art and for the assignment in general was cool. Up to this point, I’ve never used a Xerox/copying/scanning machine for “artistic” purposes. Though the process was unique and interesting, it was very time consuming and induced a lot of trial and error. Along with scanning the parts of my body that were necessary in constructing my work of art, I also had to print the pages out in grey ink. I did eventually cut out each body part, but, unfortunately, there’s no option to just print out what I needed. As a result, I printed out thirty pages full of grey ink which took a toll on a few new ink cartridges. For some of the scanned body parts, I did use the option to print in a draft format to use less ink, but that didn’t help much. Fortunately, however, I am pleased with how my Xerox art came out, but I’m not pleased with how much of both paper and ink was used for this project. I based my art off of the surrealism movement which dug into the unconscious mind to seek out creative potential. I used parts of my arms and legs for this project which took an “arm and leg” to make, hence the name. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moshel_A7

Moshel_A4

Moshel_A6