Moshel_A4


            I decided to use my favorite hockey team, the Washington Capitals’ logo. Though the Capitals have two logos, one being the name of the team while the other being the symbol of the city where the team is located, I decided to go for the symbol rather than a word/name. The logo of the city of Washington DC, also being the logo of the United States itself since that’s the capital of this nation, is that of an eagle. Instead of the eagle’s normal colors, the color spectrum obviously corresponds to that of the team colors which are red, white and blue, which also, of course, are the colors of the United States. Other than the eagle and the colors, the logo also has a subliminally placed picture of the capital building in DC under the eagle. Like most of my work, a lot of the inspiration comes from the sport of hockey, which, again, is what I based my grid art on. Filling in the colors for the eagle on the workspace wasn’t as hard as outlining the shape because not only did I want to successfully draw the shape, but I wanted it to be symmetrical as well. I did extend the bottom slightly to emphasize the small image of the capital building.

Comments

  1. Adam, I'm glad that your inspiration to create your grid art was inspired by the Excel project we saw in class. It was cool to see another recreation of grid art using digital media. I like how your symbol has symbolism ambiguously within, as you created the DC capital building at the bottom as well as the colors. I really enjoyed this, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice grid art Adam, I would've never thought to use an excel-style spreadsheet to create a piece of art or symbol. Even though I'm not that familiar with the NHL I could tell that it was the Washington Capitals' logo as soon as you prsented it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moshel_A7

Moshel_A6