Blog Post 4


As soon as I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on his blog post, I had to see the excerpt of it from the blog. The Broadway production of it is an entirely new adaptation of that story perhaps maybe the styling and a couple of the songs. I feel that this production is definitely more Americanized. The show features a child playing Charlie and four adults playing the other kids which might have been the reason why it was much more humorous than the films themselves. The show also seemed to have a much darker tone to it rather than the 1971 version which was genuine and realistic while the 2006 version was so dark where it seemed most of the characters lacked any sort of personality.

I’m typically not a big fan of musicals, not to say that I hate them, but musicals are just not my cup of tea. However, Guys and Dolls created a different atmosphere just like it did with the film. Thought the plot seems to be more about crime rather than gangsters, the choreography was pretty cool to watch and very in sync. The setting secreted a very energetic vibe which is a particular reason why it caught my attention. Additionally, while reading some reviews, I guess some viewers felt that some of the songs in the musical didn’t necessarily have a point to them, giving the show a more lengthy and sort of draggy feeling to it, and, therefore, giving it more of an awkward vibe.

I also took a look at Sunset Boulevard because I am familiar with the 1950 film. As a film buff, Sunset Boulevard was very impressive. It’s a generic, Hollywood structural story. It does have the typical, cliché “I’m trying to make a name for myself” plot. The shows kind of spoils the ending which I don’t really like at all; the production opens up with a dead guy, essentially sending the message and spoiling the fact that the main character dies at the end of the story. The biggest issue I feel that comes with the show is the confusion of who to root for. Though I haven’t seen the film for quite some time, most of the production and the story was pretty on point aside from some things that were in the show that weren’t in the movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moshel_A7

Moshel_A4

Moshel_A6